Wednesday, December 22, 2010

B&W

So, generally when I shoot film I have a camera with color film and a camera with black and white film on me.
I use the black and white a lot more sparingly, I go through 3 rolls of color on a average compared to one roll of black and white. Not sure why but I look at it as more of a treat. If you have checked out my blog before, you might recognize a couple of people that I've shown in color. As always click on the image to enjoy at full size!


This a ever changing discount store across the street from where I get my film developed.  As a result of location when I get to my developing spot and have 1 or 2 exposure's left I always shoot this store.


 Walking into Tompkins Square park.





This is Kurt Boone, I've made a post about him before, check his site out! http://www.kurtboonebooks.com/


 Curving vanishing point.

Cultural contrast.
 Jeff from Continuum Cycles http://www.continuumcycles.com/

 A couple of Chris, http://empirebegins.com/people/crihs/




This is Santiago, he delivers  food at Dumont.



 A couple more of Hiromi and his IRO


While it easy to put a black and white filter on a color image, I find it is never the same result.




3 comments:

  1. maybe its because i hold NYC in a special unknown "feeling" or some shit but BW images just feel right there. I love these man. very well done! shoot more bw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you man, I really appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the elevated train tracks are a dope shot yo!!

    ReplyDelete