Friday, January 28, 2011

Graffiti Friday "Extinguishers"

This weeks theme in Graffiti Friday is extinguishers. 
There big, plain and simple and one of my favorites.
The first time I saw one of these was 01' in Seattle, OZE & GEL. Nobody had a clue as to how they did it but respected the size.
10 years later they are everywhere nation wide. 



This was the first one I saw in NYC PACMAN & R2 of Broadway

ROGER of of 23rd st done in 06

 MALVO out in BK

 People are starting to experiment using them for characters lately.
 One of my favorite pics. READ in the weeds.
STER
ADEK testing a throw up outline.
Street side BTM
KATSU in soho
KATSU skull in a gallery to promote his art show.

While they are very hard to control these are the few that I have seen done right.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post!
    I'm trying to get informations about graffiti done with extinguishers. I want to publish some articles on an Italian website, like this one:
    http://www.ziguline.com/2012/02/06/how-to-paint-xxl/
    Can I ask you some info?
    I'm trying to understand who was the first writer that used an extinguisher and also to discover something about the story of this strange and powerful technique. Where can I find this kind on news?
    you can also send me a mail: legrandjeu@yahoo.com

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My email is listed in my info, send me a list of questions.

      Delete