Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Colnago C-40 Team Mapei

I recently picked up this frame and fork at a swap, I had some parts laying around so this is how the build came out. I could not be happier with a bike! I took it out this morning for a quick 40 mile ride. There was still snow on the ground from last weeks storm so the roads were a  wet so the bike is not show worthy clean but who cares? I ride my bike in all types of weather and would rather see them loved then never ridden.
 After a shower, some food and work I grabbed the camera and shot in front of my building.
(click on photo to enjoy full size)


I had these wheels laying around, not really a fan of them on this bike. Going to swap them out soon.



Like a lot of people the Mapei paint job is one of my favorites.


 While I went with the traditional Italian theme for this bike I had to put a Chris King on it, I've had to many problems with loose ball. I ride my bikes in all types of weather so I needed a sealed bearing headset.
The frame set came with this Colnago seat post, I tossed on a Fizik Airone. In my opinion the best saddle for road. 

 Sexy lugged carbon, the tell tale sign this was handmade in Italy.



 I went with this years Campy 11 speed Athena group. This year it came in black and carbon. I have a Chorus 11 speed group on my Masi and I can't tell the difference. So smooth.

Love the combo of painted and clear coated carbon. I picked these Zipp water bottle cages up a few months back really nice and super easy to get your bottles in and out.


The Cineeli Grammo Stem. I have been looking for the threadless version in this length for 9 years and finally picked one up! Really happy that I could use it for this project.

I'm starting to document my bike projects a lot more often. The collection is always growing and changing but the idea is to build the perfect bikes for me in hopes I will have them for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment