Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mishka Fall look book shoot behind the scenes

Tak hit me up a couple of weeks back to model for the Mishka Fall look book. I've rode for Mishka for the past 4 years and they have always been very supportive so of course I was down. Tak told me who else was going to model and I knew the shoot would be a damn good time!
These projects are always a fun way to catch up with friends and meet new ones.

An old school messenger Spirit came along to shoot a time laps video of the whole shoot. Super solid guy, he has had his Cannondale track since 96'.


Jon Jon was getting into it.


We met at Affinity, this was on the way out to the location.

I ran into Julie walking by so I threw her a Mishka shirt, beanie and Tak's bike and asked her if she wanted to be in the shoot. She was into into it  and pulled some sick track stands.


Victor is a NYC messenger legend and a hell of a guy, his personality both on and off the bike really show.
 I asked Tak if it was cool to shoot some in process shots of the shoot, first question he asked was with what camera. Contax T-2 "Yes! Thank You!"
 Fast Eddy was hanging out and directing, he said " hey Tak shoot me, no just me, with out the bike."

This was how the shoot looked from far away, we found a construction site and staple gunned some white paper up for the back round.  Gorilla photo shoot!

Thanks to Mishka for supporting me and all the other riders!
Be sure to check out the new Fall/Holiday gear and the full finished shoot here:
http://mishkanyc.com/bloglin/2011/11/18/d-a-r-t-fallholiday-2011-lookbook-by-tak-sakamoto/



No comments:

Post a Comment